Team assignment 3: each member of the team must read the article “Escaping the Marketing Morass” by Joe Sinfield and Scott D. Anthony on pages 1 and 10-13. This article is about the ” jobs-to-be-done” framework (championed by disruptive innovation expert Clayton Christensen for new product development).
Each member of the team will select one different section from the article and write a brief report (no more than 1 page each) covering the following:
- Explain what you learned from reading the section (that adds new understanding to marketing);
- Explain the role of the jobs-to-be-done framework and how it can be used for segmentation and targeting (in the “science of marketing”);
- Include examples from real companies (that you can get anywhere, except the article itself — get from our textbook, the internet, practical experience, etc.) that illustrates the points in number 1..
Here are the sections from which team members can choose:
- Article Introduction
- Stage 1: Identifying Demand
- Stage 2: Optimizing Solutions
- Stage 3: Capturing Value
- Stage 4: Defending Share
- Stage 5: Revitalizing Growth
- 6: Doing the Job of Finding the Job